The Academy's Leadership Journal is a reviewed publication dedicated to disseminating research based and
practical information published three times per year. Given that, we are looking for:
• Manuscripts that are applied, philiosphical, empirical, pedagogical, critical, or theoretical in
• Content related to global awareness, institutional effectiveness, leadership development, legal and
ethical issues, student
..development, teaching and learning, technology, and eceonmic development;
• Articles which add new knowledge to the field of post-secondary leadership, challenge general opinion,
or inform readers of
..implications of research relating to academic leadership that might otherwise not be
• Reviews on new books, educational materials, web sites, or articles;
• Informal responses to articles or the journal in general;
• Editorials from leaders regarding past experience.
• Article submissions should be sent via email to the editor.
• Articles must include a cover page with a short descriptive title, author/s name/s, title, address,
..telephone number, a biography (max. 50 words), and a recent photograph.
• Articles length should be 2,000 - 2,500 words.
• Complete references should be included in APA format.
• Diagrams, illustrations and graphs should only be used if they aid in understanding the text.
• The author assumes all responsibility for proper crediting of sources, as well as accuracy of references,
quotations, tables, etc.
Click here to send your submissions to Managing Editor, Rose Marie Sloan.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Authors submitting to the Academy's Leadership journal are responsible for securing any
permissions or licensing pertaining to the use of copyrighted materials and photographs. Authors of accepted
manuscripts assign the Academy the right to publish and distribute their text in the journal and on the web, and
to archive it and make it permanently retrievable. Authors do retain their copyright, so that after the article has
been printed in the Academy's Leadership journal, they may republish their text in any manner they wish, as long
as the Academy's Leadership journal is acknowledged as the original site of publication. Articles that have already
been published or are being considered for publication elsewhere are not eligible to be considered for publication
in the Academy's Leadership journal, unless a cross-publishing arrangement has been previously negotiated.